It's Q4, the home stretch of 2017! Have you set your year end goals yet? If you have, have you made a plan to meet them?
That's what we're going to look at today: setting the right goals for the last twelve weeks of the year and making a plan to knock them out of the park! Planning is the best way to start quarter four strong, so let's get to it!
Grab your third quarter review from last week (here if you missed it), a cup of coffee, and something to write with.
Let's start by setting some goals. Grab your review from last week, including your metrics, and jot down answers to these questions:
- How would you like those metrics to improve over the next few months?
- Is there anything you wanted to accomplish this year that you haven't yet?
- Do you want to have any holiday sales or promotions?
- Based on your quarter three review, what do you want to accomplish in the last twelve weeks of the year?
- Are you going to create any new products or services this quarter?
- What should you focus on to really grow your business this quarter? List building? Your social media community? Content development?
Write down any final goals or notes you can think of.
Next, let's make a plan to accomplish those goals!
Grab another piece of paper and look back over the goals you just set. Go through them one by one and answer these questions:
- What do you need to make these goals happen?
Support? Programs? Money? Education? Write down everything you think you'll need.
- What actions can you take to make those goals happen?
For example, if you want to grow your mailing list by 1000, could you create a new opt-in offer? Guest post on some big sites? Take a course on email marketing?
- Do these goals fall into a natural progression? Is there anything that needs to happen in order for that goal to become a reality?
For example, if you plan to have a $10,000 product launch, it makes sense to create the product first, to plan the launch, to create Facebook ads, to have a certain number of people on your list, etc. Those are goals you'd probably want to focus on first.
Now, break those goals down as much as you possibly can, into the smallest possible action steps.
Then schedule those steps. TIP: This is a crucial step others overlook and why they don't reach their goals. When will you actually do the things you need to do in order to reach your goals? Are there any new habits you need to make?
Schedule the doable steps and daily habits in your planner or calendar. If those steps are still too big or intimidating, break them down even more until you have plenty of bite-sized steps.
It's like eating an elephant one bite at a time. It's incredible what you can accomplish if you take it step by step!
Good luck with Q4! Let's finish 2017 with a bang!